Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > DS708 Registration problem
DS708 Registration problem

12917 Views 23 Replies Latest reply: 2017-01-12 02:07:47

•   Level 1   
    (9) points
    J11ames

2016-07-04 13:07:15

Listen guys here is the explanation. I was in the same situation and asked for a refund thinking the unit was broken. I tried registering online and afterwards switching on the device thinking it would be smart wnough to realise that I had rwgistered but obviosly not. Then dhl wanted £178 to post it back to China and I was furious. Ok so here is the fix. You register online and then (with a windows machine) go to pcsuite section of their website and download the update for ds708. In the box with the unit theres a card reader which looks like a USB flash drive. Yep take the sd card out of your ds708 and slip it into the end of this usb card reader. Then copy the downloaded files from pcsuite section of autel after registering (which you have) and put them on the sd card. Once done put card in ds708 and let it update. 

(I haven't done it yet myself but will tonight, and i will be ising a mac instead of windows because I believe the copy process after download would still work.) anyway if it works then shame on Autel for not making it clearer. We want to open the box and use the machine. I thought it was broke purely because when plugged in and after reading the quick usage piece of paper in the box, it had said you could do that. Only nothing came up. So I changed cars and then tried a third car. All nothing. They even sent the machine to me with the language programmed into Russian would you believe. 

Message to Autel: oi you fools, when sending out a device to UK don't put it into Russian, and also include a damn english manual. Then also tell us when purchasing that you have stopped making it and also stopped supporting it. This is illegal trading Assholes. No one would buy a device if they knew the first problem would leave them buggered. We want support. Also YOU update the machine with the software before sending it to us. How dare you treat your customers in this SHODDY WAY.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    josue shop

2017-01-07 19:30:32

im trying to register and it says:
    The product does not exist. Please check the information you entered.

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    MyMechanicinc

2017-01-12 02:07:08 (Reply to:used2bfast)

Autel WILL eventually try to Extort a $695 fee to update your scanner with unusable and useless updates

IF you refuse they will send some sort of virus to your scanner and the next time you try turning it on it will refuse to boot with a bunch of errors

Stay FAR away from Autel

Luckily we originally purchased 2 MaxiDas Elite units for over $6000 but, after this escapade we will be refusing shipment and Charging Back to the Credit Card used

It is a good thing they only got us for only $30000 this time

Good Job China. Trump will be taking care of this very soon
    Thank you Donald Trump

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    MyMechanicinc

2017-01-12 02:07:47 (Reply to:used2bfast)

Stay FAR away from these SCAM artists period
  Total3 Pages